13 – 16 May 2022
The weekend includes:
- Transport in a chauffeur driven vehicle for the entire weekend
- Accommodation in the stunning Chateau Lacanaud
- Each guest will have their own room and bathroom
- All meals during their stay
- Inhouse wine tasting
- Trip to Issigeac market on Sunday accompanied by Thomas
- Assistance at any point during your stay with translating
- Open bar including spirits, mixers and soft drinks
- Welcome gift
Welcome to Chateau Lacanaud located in the most picturesque part of the Dordogne. This is a region that is rich in history and visually breath taking. The lush valleys, the rivers, the small stone-built villages and stunning gardens make every day of this very special weekend a pleasure.
The Dordogne is a great gastronomic destination. You will be staying at the Chateau which is reserved exclusively for 16 guests for this bespoke weekend. This weekend has a special emphasis on food.
We are very fortunate to have the fabulous Thomas Frake, Master Chef winner, cooking for us. He has an enormous passion for cooking with seasonal locally sourced produce.
MasterChef 2020 Winner Thomas won over the judges, as well as the British public, with his consistent delivery of outstanding modern British classics. Since winning, and despite a global pandemic, Thomas has appeared on BBC 1’s Saturday Kitchen and across BBC Radio, and produced features with The Observer, delicious and Sainsbury’s magazine. Thomas champions Great British ingredients and traditional techniques, and through his cooking he embraces authenticity and flavour. Since winning, Thomas has travelled the country to take part in food festivals and exciting collaborations, created best-selling meal kits and delighted his social media following with his regular recipe features and how-to videos. He’s also returning as a guest judge on the latest series of MasterChef on BBC 1 later this month.
There will be plenty of opportunity to speak with him and watch him prepare his own menus. He will also be hosting a cookery demonstration.
All the recipes he prepares over the weekend will be available for you to take home if you wish.
Arrival Friday 13th May 2022
- Arrival and a chance to unwind
- Welcome drinks and canapes and meet with Thomas
- Supper prepared by Thomas
- Breakfast on the west terrace
- Thomas hosts a cookery demonstration which leads into lunch in the Orangery
- Afternoon wine tasting with a sensational tour around the region with an expert local sommelier
- Supper at the Gostar restaurant in Lauzun
- Breakfast on the west terrace
- Thomas and the Chateau owners Liz and Jonny will accompany you to Issigeac and the fabulous market, a beautiful bastide town where we will be choosing some seasonal produce for lunch and a glass or two before returning to the Chateau
- Thomas will then prepare lunch on the plancha in the grounds sharing techniques as you wish
- After lunch a chance to relax by the pool, take a gentle stroll through the woods or around the lake or a little siesta before supper
- Supper prepared by Thomas and then hosted by Thomas and the Chateau owners.
Breakfast on the west terrace and guests can check out at a time to suit them.
Travel will always be in our air-conditioned chauffeured vehicles. Our Chateau Lacanaud chauffeurs are known for their good humour, their charming smiles and their care and helpfulness.
If you choose to fly into Bergerac the Chateau is only 25 minutes away.
If you are flying into Bordeaux you are one hour and thirty minutes away.
We also have a partnership with a private jet company that can fly you from multiple departure points to Bergerac. Please let us know if you require further information.
If you would prefer to arrive by helicopter you are most welcome with prior notice to land in our grounds.
We are very excited to welcome you and look forward to hosting you in May!
The weekend does not include: Travel to and from Chateau Lacanaud
Shipping of Antiques and/or wine to your chosen destination
£4250 per person staying in a Master Suite
£3995 per person staying in a Prestige room
£3500 per person staying in a Deluxe room
Supplement of £250 for single room occupancy
Do not hesitate in contacting us today to book.
+44 (0) 7788 722 699